Exhale recognizes the month of April as “Abortion Wellbeing Month.” With this month, we bring attention to each person’s unique experience of abortion and recognize that emotional wellbeing is possible for every person who experiences one.
Abortion Wellbeing Month is a month that is:
- Free of stigma and judgment.
- Full of honest, caring discussions about abortion in our lives.
- A celebration of our strength and resilience in difficult times and our ability to be well.
- Marked by our healing and connection to one another, across our diverse abortion experiences.
- A reminder for our friends and family to be there when we need them, with love and care.
To commemorate Abortion Wellbeing Month, Exhale recommends the following actions:
- Post: “‘I’m Pro-Voice and I will listen to your abortion story with support and respect” as your Facebook Status.
- Announce: “April is Abortion Wellbeing Month” on Twitter.
- Send yourself or someone you love a free Exhale e-card in recognition of your ability to be well.
- Grow the Pro-Voice Movement and recruit your friends to Exhale’s Facebook Cause or join our mailing list.
- Ask your elected official – city council member, mayor, or Governor – to issue a declaration declaring “April as Abortion Wellbeing Month” in your city or state.
Please share how you raised awareness for Abortion Wellbeing Month in the comments!
Lets grow the movement for abortion wellbeing!