Exhale has learned a lot about storytelling around abortion and we have had the chance to work with some fantastic mentors and experts on the topic of stories. We’ve all gotten together to offer a panel at the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Austin, Texas next March. It’s the place to be!
Our idea is “Ethical Storytelling for Social Change. ” If selected, I will be on a panel moderated by Thaler Pekar, and alongside Amy Hill of the Center for Digital Storytelling and Jeff Simmermon of AndIAmNotLying.com.
We will answer the following questions in our panel:
- What can be learned from successful examples of online story sharing by previously marginalized communities?
- What do organizations need to consider if they advocate open story-sharing online?
- What are the privacy considerations of storytellers?
- How can advocacy organizations ensure a respectful partnership with storytellers?
- What is ethical storytelling practice for advocacy organizations?