Exhale is seeking candidates for a rare opportunity to join Exhale as members of our Board of Directors.
Exhale is an award-winning, national organization whose mission is to create a social climate where each person’s unique experience with abortion is respected, supported and free from stigma. Through leadership development, communications, and direct services, Exhale’s pro-voice movement is transforming public dialogue about abortion. Exhale has a thriving organizational culture that emphasizes mission, innovation and excellence.
About Exhale’ s Board of Directors:
Exhale’s Board Members are leaders whose volunteer service to Exhale is critical to growing and engaging more people and communities in the Pro-Voice Movement. We seek individuals to join the Exhale Board who have a strong personal commitment to our Pro-Voice mission; deep leadership experience; and powerful relationship-building and network-building practices.
Exhale’s Board is committed to grassroots, social change strategies; loves trying new things and taking calculated risks; and are achievement-oriented. Our board members are known in their personal and professional networks as early adopters of technological innovations; creative thinkers; diligent about follow-through; and as people who make things happen for the causes they care about. We are looking for Board candidates who share these commitments, experience and professional practices.
Board Member Role and Responsibilities Include:
- Be a role model for Pro-Voice values and practices in their personal and professional networks, online and offline.
- Contribute an average of 12-hours per month over a three-year term, starting in Fall 2011.
- Participate in all board meetings (currently scheduled as quarterly conference calls); and participate in all organizational planning activities (typically one in-person retreat per year with follow-up activities); and other relevant meetings as needed/scheduled.
- Grow the visibility and effectiveness of Exhale and the Pro-Voice Movement through fundraising and movement-building activities that leverage your individual strengths and talents and meet the needs of Exhale.
Experience and skills include:
- Ability to write, speak and communicate persuasively and effectively about Exhale and our Pro-Voice mission.
- Experience leading during organizational/institutional growth and change.
- Demonstrated success at building high-performing teams.
- Value learning, risk-taking, and facilitate collaborative environments that foster innovation and embrace challenges.
- Work independently and in close collaboration with a small team.
- A practice of self-care and ability to prioritize among competing needs.
If you are looking to contribute your leadership skills and experiences to an organization with high-standards for the performance of all its members, effective accountability practices, and the opportunity to lead in a growing field/movement, then a volunteer position on Exhale’s Board of Directors may be the right match for your talents and strengths.
To be considered for the Exhale Board of Directors, please submit a résumé detailing your relevant leadership experience with a cover letter explaining what Pro-Voice means to you, and how you see your strengths helping to advance Exhale’s mission and vision in new ways. You may send these materials and address any questions to Exhale’s Board Recruitment Taskforce at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until August 31st.